For more comprehensive practical information, please download our
Practical Information Handout
Information from the Peace Palace Website:
Main Building, Peace Palace, Carnegieplein 2, 2517 KJ, The Hague
The Peace Palace in The Hague is home to the International Court of Justice, the Permanent Court of Arbitration, the Peace Palace Library, as well as The Hague Academy of International Law. The Palace, the premises on which it stands and the Library are the property of the Carnegie Foundation.
The Peace Palace is not open for public.
Please do not forget to bring government issued identification.
Additional practical information will be provided on this page before the start of the conference.
Public Transportation from The Hague Central Station:
- From the A-12 heading northwest:
- On reaching Den Haag, turn left onto Zuid Hollandlaan;
- Turn right onto Koningskade;
- Turn left onto Laan Copes van Cattenburgh;
- Turn left after the police station onto Burgemeester van Karnebeeklaan;
- The Peace Palace is located at the end of this road.
Line 24 (to Kijkduin) from the bus platform (direct service, runs all day)Tram
Public Transportation from The Hague Hollands Spoor:Tram
- peak hours: line 10, direction Statenkwartier, from ground floor outside train station (direct service, only)
- off-peak hours: take line 16 (to Moerwijk) or 17 (to Statenkwartier) and change at Kneuterdijk (two stops) to line 1 (to Scheveningen Noorderstrand).
- Line 1 to Scheveningen Noorderstrand (direct service, runs all day)
- Line 10 to Statenkwartier (direct service, peak hours only)
- Get off at stop "Vredespaleis"
Other potentially useful sites: